TV DRAMA STATEMENT OF INTENT COMPLETED

STATEMENT OF INTENT (353 words) 💬

The title of my show is Paranoia, the MC is in search for a special pendant, in an abandoned building, that they had lost. However, when an unidentified creature shows up looking for it as well, the MC must hide whilst looking for the pendant and get it before the creature does. The MC doesn’t know why this creature is looking for the pendant but all they know is that the pendant has special powers. The pendant was passed down the generations, by their great-grandmother, because of its special abilities. My clip would most likely appear at the end of episode 1 because it starts a story of Who the alien is? or how they're related? and what’s going to happen later?

I will have 2 different locations being a field and an abandoned house where my scenes will take place. Right now, I have 3 characters the Hero, The Alien and the anonymous caller. I plan to have a variety of camera shots one of them being a close on the MCs phone as it rings and vibrates and then switching to the MCs shocked face because they're in a situation where they shouldn't make any noise. I will have non-diegetic sound like an electricity wave sound in the POV of the creature coming up to the MC and of course there will be diegetic sound like the phone vibrating and ringing. I will have the narrative resolution which will be that the creature is related somehow to the MC and OF COURSE the MC finds the pendant with the creature.

I will show that the genre is clearly sci-fi by having green/ blue lighting and creature makeup, also the sound effects. My MC will subvert stereotypes because they will be related to an alien.

My audience will be 13-25, both male and female, middle class and will enjoy shows like stranger things, the 100, Vampire diaries, and other sci-fi/ fantasy shows too. I'm targeting this specific audience by having an alien in my clip and the characters would be more relatable because the MC is a young adult/ teen and middle class.

 























































 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Industry and audience power essay

Statement of Intent feedback and LR

Reception theory